MPLS (Multi Protocol Label Switching) is a mechanism that switches traffic based on labels instead of routing traffic. It’s typically seen in service provider networks and can transport pretty much everything…IP, IPv6, Ethernet, frame-relay, PPP. MPLS VPN is a popular technique to build VPNs for customers over the MPLS provider network.
In this course you will learn:
- Why we use MPLS.
- What MPLS is and how it works.
- What labels are and how they are used for forwarding.
- How to configure different MPLS VPN L3 PE-CE scenarios.
- How to tunnel protocols like Ethernet or frame-relay over the MPLS VPN network.
- And many other topics…
- Good understanding of IGPs like RIP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Good understanding of tunneling techniques like GRE.
- Good understanding of BGP.