You can use operators in Python to perform a variety of operations.
Here is an overview:
- Arithmetic operators: With these operators, we can perform calculations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.
- Assignment operators: This operator assigns values to variables.
- Comparison operators: The comparison operator compares two values and returns a boolean result (True or False).
- Logical operators: With logical operators, we can combine conditional statements.
- Membership operators: These operators check if an item exists in another item like a string, list, tuple, or dictionary.
- Identity operators: The identity operators check if variables point to the same object in memory.
- Bitwise operators: These operators can compare binary numbers and are mostly used in mathematical calculations.
In the next lessons, we’ll cover all these operators in detail with examples.