These lessons cover everything that has to do with switching. We start with the basics of how switches learn MAC addresses, what VLANs and trunks are and how spanning-tree is used to create loop-free topologies. You will also learn more complex topologies like SDM, CEF and stackwise.
In this course you will learn:
- The basics of switching, how a switch learns MAC addresses.
- How we use VLANs and trunks to separate traffic.
- How to use VTP to synchronize VLAN information.
- How spanning-tree creates loop-free topologies.
- How to protect your switches against a variety of attacks.
- Complex topics like SDM and CEF.
- And many other topics…
Presented to you by instructor Rene Molenaar, CCIE #41726
None, we start with the basics.